Fertility Friends Foundation offers grants to cover expenses associated with assisted reproduction such as IVF, egg and sperm donation, and gestational surrogacy. Grants are awarded several times a year based on availability of funds.
Our grant application will reopen on April 14, 2023.
Getting Started is Easy
Application fee: $40
Each application is carefully reviewed by a medical and a finance committee. All information provided in the application form is strictly confidential.
Let's get started
Complete the fertility grant application with Fertility Friends Foundation. If you have questions please contact us.
Eligibility criteria for Fertility Friends Foundation applicants:
Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and reside in Ontario. Applicants must have a medical diagnosis of infertility certified in writing by a medical provider with the following exceptions:
1. Applicants who are members of the LGBTQ2S+ community
2. Applicants who are single
- Applicants must have seen a Reproductive Endocrinologist within the previous 6 months.
- All applicants must not have a medical condition that would pose a serious risk to themselves or, in the case of females, the child they would carry (e.g. active acute infections).
- All applicants must possess the means to offer continued child support (at least one partner must maintain employment).
- Recipients must begin treatment within 6 months after receiving the grant.
Clinical criteria for grant applicants:
Applicants MUST be between 18 and 50 years of age.
- AMH > or = 1.0pmol/L (except in case of using egg donation)
- BAFCT > or = 5 (except in case of using egg donation)
- BMI < or = 40 without untreated comorbidities
- Male partner BMI < or = 40 (if applicable)
- Non-smoking (both applicant and partner)
- Normal uterine cavity as documented by HSG and/or SHG (except in case of surrogacy).
- Heterosexual couples MUST meet the ASRM definition of infertility
Same sex couples only:
Same sex females: MUST have completed 6 IUI cycles unless other diagnosis of infertility has been made.
Register to our enewsletter
Have questions about Fertility Friends Foundation? Reach out to us and we will be in touch. Let’s help those in need of fertility treatments.